Personal Outreach: Lesson 2
By: Brent High


  • B.B.O. Prayer
  • Urgency
  • Before you talk to men about God, talk to God about men.
  • DOTS


  • Start with the people you know the best.
  • Family, friends, co-workers, and teammates are first priorities.
  • Make a “Most Wanted List”

    In 1952 a Yale University graduating class was asked if they wrote down their goals. Only 3% wrote down their goals. 20 years later they surveyed the same group and found that the 3% who wrote down their goals had more wealth, power, and prominence than the other 97% combined!


    Who are some of the people that are your dots?
  • What roadblocks do you see in their lives that God will have to overcome?
  • Why are the people that we love and care for the most the hardest people to talk to about faith?
  • How do our shortcomings and failures become a roadblock in and of themselves?


    1That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. 8Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop--a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. 9He who has ears, let him hear."

    18"Listen then to what the parable of the sower means: 19When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away. 22The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful. 23But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."


  • You MUST know your product, but you DON’T have to know EVERYTHING!
  • You MUST be able to say, “I don’t know but I’ll find out.”
  • You MUST believe in what you’re selling
  • You MUST be excited about what you’re selling
  • You MUST point out consumer’s need
  • You MUST NEVER pre-determine who will buy and who won’t.

    “Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." – Mark 4:9.

    You will be SHOCKED at some of the people who are ready to whip out their credit card and buy!